October is National Pedestrian Safety Month, and one key component of pedestrian safety is safe roads.
Did you know that pedestrian deaths accounted for 17 percent of all traffic fatalities in 2019? In addition, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a recent study found that of the top 30 pedestrian crash hot-spot locations in the United States, the majority have multiple lanes, high traffic volumes, speed limits above 30 mph, and 97 percent have adjacent commercial land uses.
How can you help make our roads safer and save lives?
- Watch for people walking or crossing the street while you’re driving.
- Put down the phone and watch out for pedestrians.
- Obey all traffic posted signs and speed limits
- Always stay alert and focused.
- Learn how you can help make our roads safer and save lives by visiting NHTSA.
Since 1991, Impact Recovery Systems, Inc.® has been in business as a manufacturer providing high-performance, flexible traffic and safety devices throughout the world. If you are interested in learning more about pedestrian safety products, visit our product pages.